Da: Greg Edwards [mailto:gedwa...@polariswireless.com]
Inviato: mercoledì 5 marzo 2014 00.05
A: General discussion about the WiX toolset.
Oggetto: [WiX-users] Windows Service Fails to Start

I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and my Service Installer now fails to start
the service. It seems to get installed but failes to start I receive the
following message box from the installer:

"Service 'Altus Service' (AltusService) failed to start. Verify that you have
sufficient privileges to start system service."

I am running under the command prompt as Administrator.

The pertinent WIX is as follows:

        <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
                <Component Id="AltusService.exe"
Guid="{980F0B9A-9F25-B729-7225-F24075392C80}">
                        <File Id="AltusServiceExe" Name="AltusService.exe"
KeyPath="yes" ShortName="ALTUSC1.EXE" DiskId="1"
Source="$(var.AltusService)\AltusWindowsService.exe" />
                                <ServiceInstall Id="ServiceInstaller"
Type="ownProcess" Vital="yes" Name="AltusService" DisplayName="Altus Service"
Description="Altus Service" Start="auto" Account="LocalSystem"
ErrorControl="ignore" Interactive="no" />
                                <ServiceControl Id="StartService"
Start="install" Stop="uninstall" Remove="uninstall" Name="AltusService"
Wait="yes" />
                </Component>
                <Component Id="AltusService.pdb"
Guid="{2F53DECB-75AC-AE19-50BB-1B07CEFECEE0}">
                        <File Id="AltusServicePdb" Name="AltusService.pdb"
KeyPath="yes" ShortName="ALTUSW1.PDB" DiskId="1"
Source="$(var.AltusService)\AltusWindowsService.pdb" />
                </Component>
                <Component Id="AltusService.exe.config"
Guid="{F4B29B22-4FAD-1B34-E971-ACA4A1BE0F06}">
                        <File Id="AltusServiceExeConfig"
Name="AltusWindowsService.exe.config" KeyPath="yes" ShortName="ALTUSC1.CON"
DiskId="1" Source="..\AltusWindowsService\App.config" />
                </Component>
        </Directory>
        <Feature Id="DefaultFeature" ConfigurableDirectory="TARGETDIR"
Level="1">
                <ComponentRef Id="AltusService.pdb" Primary="yes" />
                <ComponentRef Id="AltusService.exe" Primary="yes" />
                <ComponentRef Id="AltusService.exe.config" Primary="yes" />
        </Feature>

Is there is switch that I am missing to allow the service to start?

Thank you.
-Greg Edwards