From: Joel Dart [mailto:jd...@dyknow.com]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 1:45 PM
To: General discussion about the WiX toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Require fields/disable InstallButton in bootstrapper

Thanks Harold,

I've been trying to get custom actions to work from the
WixStandardBootstrapperApplication without much luck. When I look in the xsd,
it doesn't have Control as an option for Page. Additionally, when just trying
to sub in Control for Button, the built bootstrapper immediately crashes.

Is the example you're using work on the bootstrapper or will it only work when
customizing the msi? When looking around the source for the
WixStandardBootstrapperApplication, it looks like the enable/disable is being
handled explicitly in the code versus the _____State variable trick. My gut is
telling me this cannot be done without implementing a custom
bootstrapperapplication.