Hi All

I started to work with WIX and got stack with weird behaviour of WIX 3.8 for
Visual Studio 2013.

I'm trying to merge Crystal Reports msm module into the project as below:

A File with Crystal Reports MSM:
<InstallExecuteSequence>
  <MsiPublishAssemblies Sequence="1502" />
  <MsiUnpublishAssemblies Sequence="1501" />
</InstallExecuteSequence>

<AdvertiseExecuteSequence>
  <MsiPublishAssemblies Sequence="1502" />
</AdvertiseExecuteSequence>

A file with assembly info:
<Feature Id="ProductFeature" Title="SetupFARMS" Level="1" >
<ComponentGroupRef Id="FARMSBin.Components" />
</Feature>

<Feature Id="CrystalReports" Title="Crystal Reports Runtime"
Description="Crystal Reports Runtime" Level="1">
  <MergeRef Id="CrystalReportsMSM" />
</Feature>

<!-- To prevent ICE03 errors from the Crystal merge module -->
<EnsureTable Id="Verb" />
... twentish entries like these
<EnsureTable Id="ActionText" />

<!--
<EnsureTable Id="SeagateIPService" />
<EnsureTable Id="SeagateCondition" />
<EnsureTable Id="HelpPlugin" />
<EnsureTable Id="HelpFilter" />
<EnsureTable Id="HelpFileToNamespace" />
<EnsureTable Id="HelpFile" />
<EnsureTable Id="Extention" />
<EnsureTable Id="CrystalRedirection" />
<EnsureTable Id="BOBJSourcePath" />
<EnsureTable Id="BOBJMetabase" />
-->

When I compile the project as is, I get a lot of ICE03 errors:
ICE03: Table: SeagateIPService Column: ServiceName Missing specifications in
_Validation Table (or Old Database) ...\SetupFARMS.msi

When I fix this with <InsureTable> I get opposite error:
Unresolved reference to symbol 'WixCustomTable:SeagateIPService' in section
'Product:{C2C67BDE-89AA-4F6B-9773-73763856F023}'. ...\Assemble.wxs

There is no way for me to fix ICE03 error for this MSM using InsureTable for
the last dozen of tables commented out in the code above.

Could someone help me with this please?

The msm module I took from here:
https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100000634042010E/crxir2sp6_net_mm.zip

Thanks everyone.

Dmitry Nechaev

EMAIL DISCLAIMER This email message and its attachments are confidential and
may also contain copyright or privileged material. If you are not the intended
recipient, you may not forward the email or disclose or use the information
contained in it. If you have received this email message in error, please
advise the sender immediately by replying to this email and delete the message
and any associated attachments. Any views, opinions, conclusions, advice or
statements expressed in this email message are those of the individual sender
and should not be relied upon as the considered view, opinion, conclusions,
advice or statement of this company except where the sender expressly, and with
authority, states them to be the considered view, opinion, conclusions, advice
or statement of this company. Every care is taken but we recommend that you
scan any attachments for viruses.