From: Hoover, Jacob [mailto:jacob.hoo...@greenheck.com]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2014 11:49 AM
To: General discussion about the WiX toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] What is the best way to design a Bootstrapper
requiring external input ?

There isn't any communication between the MSI and the BA for returning property
values.  Since you've written your own BA, you have a bit more latitude but you
can't modify the plan in between packages in Apply. To me it almost seems like
it would make sense (and be easier and not require a custom BA) to utilize a
second bundle for the camera drivers.  There you could do your install check to
assert your initial bundle is in place, and utilize registry searches to read
the persisted values from your main MSI install to then allow this aux bundle
to plan the proper driver MSI.

As for the remember me property pattern,
http://robmensching.com/blog/posts/2010/5/2/the-wix-toolsets-remember-property-pattern