Hi all,

I have sequenced a custom action in my msi after CostFinalize.
On most user's computers, it works well.

But on some user's computers, when the msi is double clicked directly
for installing, it will prompt "A DLL required for this install to
complete could not be run."
I've changed CheckIfAnotherProductExists function to only call
MessageBox(0,0,0,0), and it still prompted the error and the message box
is not showed.
If I remove the CheckIfAnotherProductExists entry in the
InstallExecuteSequence table, all goes well.
If I run the msi in cmd(run as administrator), it works fine, there
should be not dependency problem with my custom action dll.

It acts as if it has something to do with the privilege.
May be it failed when the custom action's dll is being copied into the
temp directory, or maybe LoadLibrary failed under non elevated privilege?

Does any one has experienced something like this?

The WiX code is as below,
<CustomAction Execute="immediate" Id="CheckIfAnotherProductExists"
BinaryKey="MyDll" DllEntry="CheckIfAnotherProductExists" />
<Custom Action="CheckIfAnotherProductExists" After="CostFinalize" ></Custom>

The log is as below,
Action 14:20:31: CheckIfAnotherProductExists.
Action start 14:20:31: CheckIfAnotherProductExists.
MSI (c) (C4:B4) [14:20:31:680]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL:
C:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\MSI209E.tmp, Entrypoint:
CheckIfAnotherProductExists
MSI (c) (C4:88) [14:20:31:680]: Cloaking enabled.
MSI (c) (C4:88) [14:20:31:680]: Attempting to enable all disabled
privileges before calling Install on Server
MSI (c) (C4:88) [14:20:31:680]: Connected to service for CA interface.
CustomAction CheckIfAnotherProductExists returned actual error code 1157
(note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
MSI (c) (C4:D8) [14:20:31:740]: Note: 1: 1723 2:
CheckIfAnotherProductExists 3: CheckIfAnotherProductExists 4:
C:\Users\foxit\AppData\Local\Temp\MSI209E.tmp
Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A
DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your
support personnel or package vendor. Action CheckIfAnotherProductExists,
entry: CheckIfAnotherProductExists, library:
C:\Users\administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\MSI209E.tmp
MSI (c) (C4:D8) [14:20:42:153]: Product: MyProduct -- Error 1723. There
is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for
this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support
personnel or package vendor. Action CheckIfAgentVersion, entry:
CheckIfAgentVersion, library: C:\Users\foxit\AppData\Local\Temp\MSI209E.tmp

Any suggestion will be helpful.
Gauldoth