From: Eric Chaland [mailto:echal...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:25 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Wix 3.7 - ServiceInstall and ServiceControl sample

Hello,

I'm starting to use Wix to create an installer for our application. I need to
install Tomcat 7 and deploy some wars in the background. I'm having
difficulties starting the Tomcat service. I couldn't find any sample online.

I hope someone can help me out as I am currently stuck.

This is that I use to create and start the Tomcat 7 service. When I run the
service gets installed but it get stuck on "Starting Services". Is there
anything wrong in the code below. I used the start command from the Apache site.

Thank you for your help.

<Fragment>

    <Component Id="CPMTomcatService" Guid="MyGUI"
Directory="TOMCAT_BIN_DIR">

       <File Id="TomcatEXE" KeyPath="yes"
Source="$(var.tomcatDirectory)\bin\tomcat7.exe" />

      <ServiceInstall Id="TomcatServiceService" Name="Tomcat7"
DisplayName="Apache Tomcat7" Start="auto" ErrorControl="normal"
Type="ownProcess" Vital="yes"

         Arguments="//IS//Tomcat7 -DisplayName 'Apache Tomcat7' -Install
'c:\tomcat\bin\tomcat7.exe' --Jvm=auto --StartMode=jvm --StopMode=jvm
--StartClass=org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap --StartParams=start
--StopClass=org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap --StopParams=stop"/>

      <ServiceControl Id="TomcatServiceCTRL" Name="Tomcat7" Start="install"
Stop="both" Remove="uninstall" Wait="yes"  />

    </Component>

  </Fragment>

Zac