I am currently trying to use a custom table to sort information entered by the
user during the UI portion of the installation.  When the install moves to the
execute phase the data in the table is not being preserved and the immediate
custom action that need to information are failing because of this.

I have my table structured as follows:
    <CustomTable Id="NewServerInstance">
      <Column Id="Name" Category="Identifier" Type="string" PrimaryKey="yes"
Nullable="no" Width="255" />
      <Column Id="Port" Category="Text" Type="string" Nullable="no" Width="5" />
      <Column Id="Type" Category="Text" Type="string" Nullable="no" Width="255"
Set="Primary;Secondary" />
      <Column Id="Group" Category="Text" Type="string" Nullable="no"
Width="255" />
      <Column Id="Sequence" Category="Text" Type="int" Nullable="no" Width="4"/>
    </CustomTable>
My code to update the table is as follows:
                using (var dbView = session.Database.OpenView("SELECT * FROM
NewServerInstance "))
                {
                    dbView.Execute();

                    using (var tableRecord = session.Database.CreateRecord(5))
                    {
                       tableRecord.SetString(1, newInstanceItem);
                        tableRecord.SetString(2, newPortItem);
                        tableRecord.SetString(3, newType);
                        tableRecord.SetString(4, newReplSet);
                        tableRecord.SetInteger(5, rowCount + 1);
                        dbView.Modify(ViewModifyMode.InsertTemporary,
tableRecord);
                        tableRecord.Close();
                    }
                    dbView.Close();
                }

I think the problem revolves around the ViewModifyMode.InsertTemporary option.
I know you cannot permanently update a table while an install is running, but
there must be a way to force any data added during the UI phase to be preserved
for future parts of the install.

Thank you in advance for any insight that may be provided.

MAT SKILDUM

This email (including any attachments) is proprietary to Aspect Software, Inc.
and may contain information that is confidential. If you have received this
message in error, please do not read, copy or forward this message. Please
notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and destroy any
copies. You may not further disclose or distribute this email or its
attachments.