The "Project.app" file is one feature in the msi, there is also an IIS
website and SQL database - all components of a SharePoint app. Some of the
data collected or passed in needs placed in web.config and the app.manifest
(xml) inside the zip. This file needs uploaded to a catalog somewhere so is
being placed in a data folder along with some scripts. I can write a C#
custom action to perform the modification but since it's using values I'll
remember and is an xml mod I was hoping I could stay out of writing a
managed custom action, I just need the ability to either modify an xml file
that's in a zip or compress some files into a zip after modifying one.