This might work, the custom action part:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368791(v=vs.85).aspx

I have a vague memory that I did it once for an uninstall, sequence
the CA as soon as you can in the execute sequence for the uninstall
case. I think it wasn't all that friendly a user experience because it
shows for a little (that's the default) and then disappears, so you
can't completely hide it.
Phil Wilson