From: keith.doug...@statcan.gc.ca [mailto:keith.doug...@statcan.gc.ca]
Sent: August-01-14 1:21 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Unbinder.Unbind error

A while ago I built some stuff to investigate properties of a burn bundle (EXE)
just in case they got lost when we built them, and also to harvest from others
(in case we have some bundles not built by us). As per the list's
recommendations, I added a reference to wix.dll and kept winterop.dll near by.

The POC code looks like (fileName as a parameter from elsewhere)

                Dim b As New Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Unbinder
                Dim out As Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Output =
b.Unbind(fileName, Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.OutputType.Bundle,
"c:\scratch\")

For a while, this worked; some directories of XML and such were created I was
able to read from. Now something (not this part of the code, since I haven't
touched it) has changed and I get :

"An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception
from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)"

Stack trace:
   at
Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Cab.Interop.NativeMethods.ExtractCabBegin()
   at Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Cab.WixExtractCab..ctor()
   at Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.BurnReader.ExtractUXContainer(String
outputDirectory, String tempDirectory)
   at Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Unbinder.UnbindBundle(String
bundleFile, String exportBasePath)
   at Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Unbinder.Unbind(String file,
OutputType outputType, String exportBasePath)
   at InstallerBuilder.PackageRepresentation..ctor(String fileName, String
notesText, String whoBy) in
C:\Users\dougkei\Downloads\DEV\ToolBox3\InstallerBuilder-branch\DeploymentManagement\Business
 Classes\PackageRepresentation.vb:line 169

C:\Users\dougkei\Downloads\DEV\ToolBox3\InstallerBuilder-branch\DeploymentManagement\Business
 Classes\PackageRepresentation.vb:line 169

This exception occurs with every bundle I've tried, including one that I just
built to make sure it wasn't somehow wrong previously.

Any idea what could be going wrong here? I have moved recently to Windows 7
x64, if that matters somehow.

Keith Douglas
Programmer Analyst | Programmeur analyste Questionnaire Development Services -
CAI Social | Services de développement de questionnaires - IAO Social Jean
Talon Building | Immeuble Jean-Talon / Floor | Étage 4 A-3 Statistics Canada |
170 Tunney's Pasture Driveway, Ottawa ON K1A 0T6 Statistique Canada | 170,
promenade Tunney's Pasture, Ottawa ON K1A 0T6 keith.doug...@statcan.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 613-854-5589 Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-951-4674