Hi All,
I have previously released 2 versions of an application (lets call them
Version A and Version B) and are about to release a third version
(Version C). I would like to release a patch that will patch version A
to C or version B to C but cannot find any documentation to cover it.

I can quite easily create a patch to update A to B, a second patch B to
C, and a third patch A to C but I would like to combine the three
patches into one. I can imagine my number of patches skyrocketing during
future version releases.

I know it is possible because I have used a demo version of MSIStudio to
create the PCP and the MSP automatically. The MSP works great (A to B,
or B to C) but I really want to create my own MSP from the PCP (even
from the one MSIStudio creates would be fine). I can see that the PCP
has two TargetImages (A.msi and B.msi) and that the UpgradedImages table
has the third image (C.msi) but then I run msimsp.exe:

msimsp -s Patch.pcp -p Patch.msp -l log.txt -d

, I get the following error (and the MSP is not created): - See more at:
http://www.itninja.com/question/combining-two-patches-into-one#sthash.Z3gW0yJM.dpuf

Please share your expertise.

Thanks and Regards
Ravi Shankar