From: Rob Mensching-7 [via Windows Installer XML (WiX) toolset]
[mailto:ml-node+s687559n7596702...@n2.nabble.com]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2014 10:24 AM
To: Tim Mayert
Subject: Re: Burn built-in variables question

Neither Burn nor wixstdba read environment variables so you'd need to write
code to do that. In WiX v3.8 you could maybe write a BA function (though I've
never tried that myself).

Although if you're just going to pass it to the MSI, why not have the MSI get
the variable. Windows Installer reads environment variables.