In a deferred custom action, I am changing some text in a file. I want to be
able to undo those changes in a rollback custom action. So, I'm attempting
to store the original contents of the file and then set the file back to
that data in the rollback CA.

The place where I've tried to store the original content is in
CustomActionData for the rollback CA. I am attemting to set the
CustomActionData from the deferred CA (in C# code, using DTF).

However, when I try to set CustomActionData for the rollback CA from within
the deferred CA, the values are not there when the rollback CA runs. I can
also not set any WiX properties from within the deferred CA, or I get an
error.

Is there a way to pass data from a deferred CA to a rollback CA?