Hi guys,

I have an installer that's taking a password as input, and with that
password creating an encrypted connection string. I'm using XmlConfig
elements to dynamically insert the encrypted string into the application's
config file. Install is working fine but Repair is creating an encrypted
connection string with a blank password.

I really don't want to override the UI sequence to redirect to a page where
the user has to re-input the password. It seems hacky to save the encrypted
string in the registry (where the other inputs are being saved to/read
from) since it's already being written to the config file. It doesn't look
like there's a way to read and parse values out of XML files using
XmlConfig though. I'm not sure what the ServiceInstall element is doing
under the covers but it seems to be appropriately saving/reading the
password for Services during Repair.

Am I missing something or do I have to bite the bullet and store the string
in both the config file and the registry?

Thanks,
Adam