From: Marco Tognacci [mailto:mark...@live.it]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 3:14 PM
To: WiX - users
Subject: [WiX-users] HeatDirectory optimization

In my setup project I use <HeatDirectory> in the msi project definition to
Harves a directory then I apply a transformation xslt to filter the result in
the wsx file.
I made this with several different filter but using the main root directory for
all of them, in this case the harvesting of the main root is made many times.
To speedup the building process I'd like to make the harvesting of the root
directory only one time and them to the complete wsx file I want to apply each
filter to produce the final wsx file.
Is this possible in some way using heat?
The only solution that I have found is to use a program to apply the xslt
transformation, but in this way I have to use an external tool, I'd like to
have an integrated tool inside WiX
Thanks.