From: newuser2014 [mailto:wamplersovere...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 1:44 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Bootstrapper Custom UI, Checkbox to customize install

Thank you for the advice.  Now I can use checkboxes to customize my
installation.  However, when I tried to put the same checkbox on the modify
screen for selection during uninstallation, they don't seem to work.

My code looks like the following, selective installation works, but
uninstallation does not.  Any ideas?
Thank you very much for your help!

<Page Name="Modify">
    <Text X="11" Y="80" Width="-11" Height="30" FontId="2"
DisablePrefix="yes">#(loc.ModifyHeader)</Text>
    <Checkbox Name="Component 1" Height="30" Width="200" X="-250" Y="-180"
FontId="0">Component 1</Checkbox>
    <Checkbox Name="Component 2" Height="30" Width="200" X="-250" Y="-150"
FontId="0">Component 2</Checkbox>

And I have the following in Bundle.wxs:
<Variable Name="Comp1" Value="0"/>
<Variable Name="Comp2" Value="0"/>

<Chain>
      <PackageGroupRef Id="NetFx40Redist"/>
      <MsiPackage DisplayInternalUI="yes" SourceFile="comp1.msi"
InstallCondition=" Comp1=1"/>
      <MsiPackage DisplayInternalUI="yes" SourceFile="comp2.msi"
InstallCondition="Comp2=1"/>

intended
information.
distribution