A couple of things  to keep in mind:

1. Patches are applied at the feature level, so that entire feature is
patched. If you had separate features you could do a patch install
command with a REINSTALL=<feature being patched> which would leave the
other features alone, assuming they weren't being patched. A patch is
sort of an apply of the changes followed by a repair, so that
component is a candidate for re-install.

2. A condition of "NOT INSTALLED" is incorrect because the property
names are case-sensitive. Maybe that was just a typo in your message.
Phil Wilson