The original design for the ManagedBootstrapperApplicationHost was to get
.NET up and running for the MBA.  In v3.9, we added support for multiple
prerequisite packages because installing .NET 4 on XP/2003 required WIC as
well, so PrereqSupportPackage was pretty much designed for .NET
prerequisites.

You're not the first person to bring this up, but no one has filed a
feature request yet.  Keep in mind that what you're asking for is against
the design for Burn: presenting the user with multiple installations for a
single product.  Also, the more dependencies your BA has, the more fragile
your installer is.