To expand on what Rob said, it all just works. On an x64 system the
MSI service will be 64-bit. If you have a 32-bit CA you'll get a
32-bit msiexec process launched to host it. If you have another CA
that requires impersonation, you'll see another msiexec process
running impersonated. The error you're seeing is nothing to do with
the with this architecture. It's just invalid for a 32-bit process to
access 64-bit modules. You are enumerating processes or you have a
process id that's 64-bit and you're using it from 32-bit code to
access the process? As Jacob says, if you're on a 64-bit system and
you want to do whatever you're doing, make a 64-bit version of your
Dll.
Phil Wilson