The problem is with your custom action.  The DLL which exports ExportTempHxDs,
does it have any dependencies (ex: VC runtime)?

-----Original Message-----
From: Majcica, Mario [mailto:mario.majc...@bakerhughes.com]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 6:44 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Problems upgrading to WiX 3.9

Dear all,

I upgraded our project from WiX 3.7 to the latest 3.9 version.
I do have a problem however.

Although the msi is created correctly I do get the installation failing with
the following error in the log:

Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL
required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support
personnel or package vendor.  Action
CA_ExportTempHxDs.3643236F_FC70_11D3_A536_0090278A1BB8, entry: ExportTempHxDs,
library: C:\windows\Installer\MSIC69F.tmp

In my Product.wxs I do find the following

      <Directory Id="JsProgramFilesFolder" Name="Program Files">
        <Directory Id="CommonFilesFolder" Name="Common Files">
          <Directory Id="MSShared.3643236F_FC70_11D3_A536_0090278A1BB8"
Name="Microsoft Shared">
            <Directory Id="D_Help" Name="Help">
              <Component Id="Bogus_HHRegCA_component"
Guid="{07C0C968-85D1-11D4-A53F-0090278A1BB8}" KeyPath="yes">
                <CreateFolder Directory="D_Help" />
              </Component>
            </Directory>
          </Directory>
        </Directory>
      </Directory>

I haven't wrote this part of the installer and I do think is used for
publishing help files.

If I use Wix 3.7 this works just well.

Any idea?

Thanks