Hi,

I need help with troubleshooting something I suspect might be either a bug in
WiX, or MSIExec. I've opened a ticket with Microsoft and they've already begun
the "blame-game" (internally though) so I would be forever grateful for someone
helping me with this.

Initially, I opened up a discussion on the Partner forums @ Microsoft: MSI
created using WiX Toolset and deployment through
SCCM<http://partnersupport.microsoft.com/thread/f948da67-21d3-4a0e-b95b-d5de467ff414>

Essentially, it boils down to:

The MSI never returns a success or failure code, and never ends up in "Programs
and Features", even though it actually installs all components, registers its
service and runs the custom actions when deployed through GPO or SCCM.
However, triggering the MSI through command line or directly (even in a SYSTEM
context), works just fine, and the program never ends up in an inconsistent
state.

Best Regards,
Daniel