From: sampat magi [mailto:ssmcs...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2014 11:23 AM
To: John Cooper
Subject: Re: Heat over 64 bit dll

Ahh!! okay. Thanks for the extended information. Please have a look at my below
query if you have time.

Recently i was creating a prototype of a 32-bit C++ COM+ dll using
WiXComplusExtension and created easily. I think, We have to provide
CustomActions (vbs/ js ) to administer 64 .net COM+(Instead of heat and
WixComPlusExtension)

Last question,

My observation :

1. I ran heat over 32bit c++ COM+ dll. It gave me a wxs file with
RegistrEntries and etc. I integrated the resulted wxs file with installer and
ran the installer and saw the registry entries. But did not find the COM+ entry
in Compenent Services(Dcomcnfg).

2. Now, i included the same 32bit c++ COM+ dll with <WixComPluscomponent>
<WixComPlusAssembly  .... /> </> (WixComplus Extension)
It did create same registry entries as the heat did before, but the magic is, i
can see an entry in the ComponentServices of dcomcnfg.

My Last Question: "What is the difference between both the approaches above?".

We, as Fans, will wait and look forward for version 4.0 and it will be a huge
and great version and ll be a milestone.

Have a great Day.

Thanks and Regards,
Sampat

intended