The component is a service install\remove. We have not set a KeyPath so I
guess Wix is choosing one, but looking at the component table in InstEd the
KeyPath is null for this component.

The machine (A) that is actioning the component I have found has been
through a few product upgrades whereas the other (B) is a clean install.
Would MigrateFeatureStates be causing the component to be reaction-ed?

        <Component Id="COMPONENTNAME"
                   Guid="{085BDB56-E445-40A0-BEDA-4D35C1A7C6EF}"
                   Directory="INSTALLDIR">
            <CreateFolder/>
            <Condition>OLDAPPFOUND</Condition>
            <ServiceControl Id="sclMU_svcName"