Hi All,

I have a requirement to create a webapppool in IIS by reading user account
details from a xml file. The xml file is actually a part of the installer. I am
able to read the xml file content through custom actions(after
"InstallFinalize") but the webapppool creation is happening before the custom
actions. Due to that sequencing, I couldn't pass the user account details to
the webapppool creation step.

Please suggest me, where to place my custom action to solve the issue.

Feature:

      <util:User Id="ServiceUser" CreateUser="no" Name="[SERVICEUSER]"
                          Password="[SERVICEPASS]" />

      <iis:WebAppPool Id="newapppool"
              Name="$(var.WEBSITEAPPPOOL)"
              ManagedPipelineMode ="Integrated"
              ManagedRuntimeVersion ="v4.0"
              Identity="other"
              User="ServiceUser"/>

XML File:

  <Component Id="TestConfig" Guid="{#########}" Feature="ProductFeature"
KeyPath="yes" Directory="Bin" >
    <File Source="..\Test.config" Vital="yes" KeyPath="no"/>
  </Component>

Custom Actions:
<Custom Action="ReadServiceAccountDetails" After="InstallFinalize" >(NOT
Installed)</Custom>

Expected output:
Place the Test.config file in bin folder -> Read the Test.config file using
custom actions -> create new webapppool by passing user details.

Regards,
Nivash Ramachandran