On 09-Feb-15 13:18, Phill Hogland wrote:
> MSBuild project which would do the Test, and then if no failures, build the
> Package, however my observation is that I can only get either the Test
> 'build' or the 'package' build to work.
That seems likely. MSBuild projects generally have one output so
"chaining" them isn't really fitting into its mental model. Ideally,
custom actions are all data-driven so they don't need a bunch of other
authoring so if you had to maintain a separate test project, it's not a
big burden. That's what I did on the projects where I used Lux: I had to
test fresh install and upgrade, so I had .wixprojs to build the .msi
package for system testing and a .wixproj that built the Lux tests using
the same authoring as the system test packages.

> On another topic, as I think about how to integrate Lux into my production
> projects, my Custom Actions are in a wixlib as part of a Compiler Extension.
> My directory tree is defined in another wixlib, much like the CommonFolders
> used in WixBA.  The lux docs say that the lux authoring should be in a
> separate module which has the directory tree.  How is this done in the
> context of using CAs in a Compiler Extension?
You can have references to the extension so the symbols are available
when the Lux targets build the test package. That note in the doc is
about having your Product and Directory elements mixed together; since
WiX pulls in whole fragments, you'd end up with the real Product and the
test Product in view and linking would fail.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/