Anyone understand what is happening in this scenario?  I know how to 'fix'
the issue, I just want to understand why the fix is needed.

I have a 5.0, perMachine, elevated installer.  If I'm logged in as "the"
Administrator I can install and later modify (add another feature) without
issue.

However, if I'm logged in as 'an' administrator I can perform a fresh
install without issue.  But when I perform a modify operation (to add
another feature), a property set during the UI sequence is not set during
the execute sequence.  As seen in this log entry...

MSI (s) (A4:EC) [20:26:30:540]: Ignoring disallowed property XXXXX

The same property is used during the initial install and it _is_ passed
along without issue...

MSI (s) (7C:88) [14:05:58:352]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding XXXXX property. Its
value is '1234'.

Adding the 'secure' attribute to the XXXXX property or
'EnableUserControl=1', solves this issue.

I don't understand why the fresh install works without issue but when
maintenance/modify is performed the UI property fails to get passed along
to the execute sequence.

--
Tony