I have two custom action functions (A and B) that use LoadLibraryEx() to
load a DLL that already exists on the target system (NOT installed by my
MSI) and then proceeds to call a few functions in that DLL. My MSI is
installed by the WiX Standard Bootstrapper. These custom actions functions
in a total of 5 <CustomAction/> elements:

<CustomAction Id="Install.A" DllEntry="A" Execute="deferred"
Impersonate="yes" ... />
<CustomAction Id="Upgrade.A" DllEntry="A" Execute="deferred"
Impersonate="yes" ... />

<CustomAction Id="Upgrade.B" DllEntry="B" Execute="deferred"
Impersonate="yes" ... />
<CustomAction Id="Uninstall.B" DllEntry="B" Execute="deferred"
Impersonate="yes" ... />
<CustomAction Id="Rollback.B" DllEntry="B" Execute="rollback"
Impersonate="yes" ... />

To make matters more complicated, our 64-bit MSI uses 32-bit versions of
the custom actions.

Should I expect the DLL to be loaded by the bootstrapper exe or by
msiexec.exe?

We are seeing logs that suggest that DLL is loaded by both the bootstrapper
exe and by msiexec.exe but I don't understand why.

Could an unrelated custom action that is Execute="immediate" have an effect?

--
Edwin G. Castro