Think we found the real problem

[2D80:2FB8][2015-04-02T12:28:40]i103: Detected related package:
{DCB7DC05-888D-4B9B-904B-EA1DB739C994}, scope: PerMachine, version: 6.4.0.171,
language: 1033 operation: Downgrade
[2D80:2FB8][2015-04-02T12:28:40]i103: Detected related package:
{DCB7DC05-888D-4B9B-904B-EA1DB739C994}, scope: PerMachine, version: 6.4.0.171,
language: 1033 operation: MajorUpgrade

Followed by

[2D80:2FB8][2015-04-02T12:28:40]i101: Detected package:
Install.BeamGage.Professional.x64.WiX.msi, state: Obsolete, cached: None

The MSI is never run.

Why would it set the state to "Obsolete" when we are actually doing a
"MajorUpgrade"?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jensen, Kurt
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 12:19 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Bundle problems

1) Our MSI sometimes requires a reboot after certain upgrades.  We have
programmed ScheduleReboot with the necessary condition.  The previous version
is removed and reboot is requested when run directly from the MSI.
a) No reboot is requested when run from the encompassing bundle.  The MSI log
shows return value of 3010.
b) The previous version is not uninstalled when run from the bundle.

2) Another alternative, and a solution to a different problem, would be to
display the MSI UI during installation.  We have set DisplayInternalUI="yes"
but the bundle behaves same as not.

Online information is scarce and contradictory.  What controls should we expect
to work?  What should be the expected behavior?

TIA!

Kurt Jensen
Senior Software Engineer
Ophir-Spiricon LLC