> WIXUI_INSTALLDIR expects a property.  Generally, it is statically set in the
> Property Table.
> Probably what you want is to update the value of the property at
> [WIXUI_INSTALLDIR].
> If it runs before InstallDirDlg, you should be able to just update the value
> of that property
> with the path.
>
> A more general pattern is to "remember" the value of INSTALLFOLDER (or
> INSTALLLOCATION,
> or INSTALLDIR) during AppSearch and have that value appropriately loaded.
> Why are you using
> a dialog to do this instead?

Hi John,
I am using a  dialog indirectly. That dialog presents the results of a CA that
collects info
about the windows server that the user is installing on. Based on a choice
presented to
the user, it then publishes a value which the browse dialog uses (INSTALLDIR).
This provides
the sane default choice given the windows servers existing state.

How does the InstallDirDlg