Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> On 2007-10-18, Lubos Lunak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>  This "arbitrarily messed with", just to make it clear, just means that they
>> will be composited on the screen,
> Then there's of course the general UTF-8 monoculturism, but at least in
> this case Xlib does the conversions from the abstract application internal
> encoding (locale or wchar_t), unlike in many other FDO and other recent
> FOSS crap, where the API and everything is UTF-8 monoculturist.

I gave up on most of the fragmented poorly designed non-console FOSS crap years
ago for GUI development and just wrote my own far better frameworks and
solutions.

What alternative is there to UTF-8? An advantage of monoculturalism is that
if the architecture is sufficient, everything can be consistant and easy.