On Sat, 2 Apr 2011, Carlos R. Mafra wrote:

On Sat,  2 Apr 2011 at 12:03:54 +0200, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2011, crmafra wrote:

> commit a750fe03f424cf47e4f7aa462fd24e9b38c4d196
> Author: Ambrus Szabo <don...@donamo.hu>
> Date:   Wed Mar 30 00:06:18 2011 +0200
>
>     opaque resize
>
>     WPrefs:
>      WindowHandling page: Mouse opaque resize
>      Expert page: Opaque move and resize with keyboard

i may be missing the forest, but what again is the reason for making
the keyboard one separate option?

Yeah, I'd prefer only one option to control the opaqueness for both
mouse and keyboard.

Opeque means, don't draw frame around the window, but redraw the window at the new position.
With mouse, either move or resize, no problem. Because:
 - Mouse move and opaquemove, no draw frame.
 - Mouse move and noopaquemove, draw frame.
 - Mouse resize and opaqueresize, no draw frame.
 - Mouse resuze and noopaqueresuze, draw frame.

With keyboard, move and resize are one operation. The problem:
 - Keyboard "Resize/Move" and opaquemove and opaqueresize,  no draw frame,
 - Keyboard "Resize/Move" and noopaquemove and noopaqueresize, draw frame
 - Keyboard "Resize/Move" and noopaquemove and opaqueresize, ???
 - Keyboard "Resize/Move" and opaquemove and noopaqueresize, ???

The are three solution:

1., only one button. (all Opaque enabled/disabled)

2., two button, Opaq resize and Opaq mouse, but what should happen when using keyboard?
 - if all button true, then opaque resize/mouse
 - if any button true then opaque resize/mouse

3., three button. (current solution) 2 mouse, 1 keyboard
- i move to "with keyboard" options from expert panel to Window Handling preferences panel