On 16/01/12 18:22, Carlos R. Mafra wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 at 19:06:07 +0200, Rodolfo kix Garcia wrote:
>>>
>>> So the end result of being able to rename workspaces using non-ascii
>>> characters using WINGs is that 600 lines of code can be removed in
>>> two patches!
>>
>> Probably is a good option. I like it. Less code, less problems.
>
> Avoiding open coded stuff when there's a similar feature in the WINGs
> library should always be aimed for. After all, ~600 lines of code are
> gone and now you can even input non-ascii chars, which probably means
> that that debian bug can be closed.
>
> I've pushed it to #next so more people can test.

I tested it, Is ok, and 600 lines are many lines. I am happy with this,
but I would like more people post their opinion.

>>> [ With my patch there's only the issue with the dialog appearing
>>>  partially covered by the menu, so you are required to move it a
>>>  bit to enter the new name. I think that can be circunvented
>>> later. ]
>>
>> Umm, close the menu first, and then show the dialog?
>
> I don't know. I tried very briefly to raise the dialog frame with
> some stacking stuff, but that doesn't seem to work (at least the
> way I tried didn't work).

Ok, probably we can't.

When we call the dialog function, it show the dialog box and wait to
enter text or cancel. We must leave the dialog to continue the current
function.

We can click again to edit other workspace (or the same). A new dialog
window is showed, but in the function is controlled the dialogs to be
modal (with a flag). Only the last dialog can be edited.

The dialog window appears always on the center of the screen. Put the
dialog box on the top (over the menu) could be a good solution by the
moment, but probably we should rewrite the whole menu system.

> But I really used all my wmaker time slice for some weeks. I need
> to get back to physics asap.
>
> I'll accept patches though :-)

Probably your patch is fine.

Cheers,