I am working in the debian package, and I have a problem with paths, again.

The problem is with the configuration files (/etc in debian). See the previous thread here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/wmaker-dev@lists.windowmaker.org/msg01432.html

In this debian package version (0.95.3), I will continue using /etc/GNUstep/Defaults, to avoid delay in the package creation. But, I think that I should change the folder in future versions in upstream.

The main problem is the uniformity between the files in /etc and the files in $HOME, because they should be the same structure. OTOH WindowMaker don't have relation with GNUstep now, therefore, we should change the GNUstep to "other thing", probably WindowMaker or wmaker. IMO, I prefer configuration files starting with dot in my home directory, therefore ".WindowMaker" or ".wmaker" could be a good idea, using then /etc/WindowMaker or /etc/wmaker.

I think that we can make the change, because WindowMaker can search the configuration files using different folders (see defaults.c), and then, we can read the files at /home/user/.wmaker, if not exists, then at /home/user/GNUstep, else, the common files at /etc/wmaker, else /usr/.../WindowMaker/.

Saludos,
kix