On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 11:50 PM, Carlos R. Mafra <crma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 at 19:12:26 +0100, Martin Frydl wrote:
>> Added CycleIgnoresMinimized configuration option settable on Expert page in
>> WPrefs.
>> When option is set, switch panel cycling ignores minimized (grayed) windows.
>> They
>> are still visible and can be selected using left/right arrows or mouse click.
>
> I'm not sure if I like this option, but a couple of trivial comments
> are below. First, you should base your patches on the #next branch
> as Christophe already pointed out.

Unfortunately, I've missed this information. I have 0.95..3 version
from Fedora 17 and I've checked out what was written in
The-perfect-Window-Maker-patch.txt. I should have looked at the
website.

>> +     WMSetButtonSelected(panel->swi[14],
>> GetBoolForKey("CycleIgnoresMinimized"));
>
> Use CycleIgnoreMinimized instead, since this is more like an imperative.

OK

>> -WWindow *wSwitchPanelSelectNext(WSwitchPanel *panel, int back)
>> +WWindow *wSwitchPanelSelectNext(WSwitchPanel *panel, int back, int
>> ignoreMini)
>
> ignoreMini is not a good name. Something like ignore_minimized is better.

OK

>> -     if (back)
>> -             panel->current--;
>> -     else
>> -             panel->current++;
>> +     if (!wPreferences.cycle_ignores_minimized) ignoreMini = False;
>
> Please do not use this coding style, wmaker-crm uses the linux kernel
> coding style instead, see http://windowmaker.org/dev.php

OK.

> Apart from that, is it really necessary to change the code to use
> the "do while" loop in order to add your option? If that's not the
> case, you should write another patch to use the do while loop.

I'm sorry I do not understand. What do you mean by not using '"do
while" loop' and at the same time 'another patch to use the do while
loop'. I need a loop to skip all the minimized windows and find the
next "normal" one.

I've attached a new version of the patch.

Also, please ignore my remaining two patches as they are not needed in
#next branch.

Martin