On 03/04/2013 21:25, Carlos R. Mafra wrote:
> On Wed,  3 Apr 2013 at 20:40:02 +0200, "Rodolfo García Peñas (kix)" wrote:
>>
>> One thing more, please hold only *one* repo for the dockapps.
>
> If we can agree on that first, we can try to work out the rest.
>
> But I also feel like having a central place for all these dockapps
> is much better than having many scattered around.
>
> Another thing to consider is why does it matter to have a version
> for _each_ dockapp.
>
> The strongest reason I guess is to be able to refer to something
> specific when complaining about them, like in  "dockapp foobar
> version x.y.z is not working".
>
> If everybody agrees with that and all dockapps are inside the
> same repo, then it's also easy to tag the repo and refer to that.
>
> For example, I don't even know nor do I care about which version
> 'wmbiff' has right now. But I can say that it doesn't compile in the
> current dockapps.git repo today with a recent gnutls lib. The label
> to which I'm refering to is therefore the repo itself, not the dockapp.
>
> So my implicit suggestion to distros wanting to have the dockapps from
> dockapps.git is that they should package them in one package, not 41.
>
> Say you put every dockapp under dockapps-repo-version.rpm and be done
> with it. Would that work?

IMO, no. Probably I want have only some dockapps, not all.

But this is not incompatible with your idea. All dockapps can have the
same version and I can have one meta-package "dockapps" or
"wmaker-dockapps" with different packages (one per dockapp), and build
all together.

The reason because I don't like have the same version is because every
dockapp is different, from different developers,... but, perhaps now is
time to join them. Some of them are at the dockapps repo because are
unmaintained, missing,... so perhaps we can change the version.

One repo to rule them all.

kix