From: Daniel Déchelotte <yo....@free.fr>

Here are the drawers again, this time on next.

Let me explain a bit the "vision" driving patches 15 to 20. Once I had
drawers to organize my appicons, I found I only used the clip to
change workspace. Also, the dock's top tile (the "anchor") was still
strictly useless. So I thought I would offer the option to add the
workspace switching capability to the dock's anchor tile, and suppress
the clip. Because I was so used to have the clip at the bottom, I
first allowed appicons above the dock (patch 18), made it convenient
to move the dock up and down without moving all appicons manually
(patch 19) and finally added the option to change workspaces from the
dock's anchor tile (patch 20). This way, it's like having the clip
"docked in the dock", and no lost tile on top! Icing on the cake, when
a external monitor is connected, the "clip" stays with the dock,
instead of floating in the middle of one monitor (although I should
say that all situations have not been thoroughly tested, far from it).

I'm tempted to say that all patches up to 12 are suitable for
inclusion (you tell me). Then, patches could be included --after due
review-- as is, or reordered: patches 17-20 and only then patches
13-16 for the drawers. FWIW, even though the latter really makes
sense, I would prefer the former (keeping the order shown here),
because that's the way the code has been tested. But this is why I'm
sharing the code: to get feedback. :)

Daniel Déchelotte (20):
  Deleted useless test
  Avoid clip flickering when docking an appicon
  BF for "some obscured windows briefly appears when switching
    workspaces"
  Fix leading spaces in comment (trivial)
  WPrefs: consolidate the 2 createImages static functions into a global
    one
  Consolidated all code checking whether a tile is fully on screen in
    one static function
  Make the clip's auto-delays configurable
  WPrefs: new Docks pannel, to change auto-expand/collapse/etc delays
  Increase MAX_WINDOWLIST_WIDTH from 160 to 400 (in pixels)
  Bring back some "About" information when double-clicking the dock
  Move code that removes icons from a dock to new removeIcons function
  Merging appicon.c:appIconMouseDown and dock.c:handleIconMove into
    appicon.c:wHandleAppIconMove
  Added wDefaultPurgeInfo to remove what we stored about a given
    instance-class couple.
  Added a SlideWindows function to handle horizontally-aligned array of
    windows
  Add drawers to wmaker!
  WPrefs: adds possibility to disable drawers from Docks panel
  Real-time dock left-right swapping
  Allow appicons above the dock
  Wrap appicons when dock is moved up and down
  Add option to merge the workspace-switching functionality into the
    dock

 WPrefs.app/Configurations.c                |   41 +-
 WPrefs.app/Docks.c                         |  310 +++++
 WPrefs.app/Makefile.am                     |    1 +
 WPrefs.app/WPrefs.c                        |   58 +
 WPrefs.app/WPrefs.h                        |    7 +
 WPrefs.app/Workspace.c                     |  163 +--
 WPrefs.app/tiff/Makefile.am                |    1 +
 WPrefs.app/tiff/dockclipdrawersection.tiff |  Bin 0 -> 4188 bytes
 WPrefs.app/tiff/drawer.tiff                |  Bin 0 -> 9556 bytes
 WPrefs.app/xpm/Makefile.am                 |    1 +
 WPrefs.app/xpm/dockclipdrawersection.xpm   |  307 +++++
 WPrefs.app/xpm/drawer.xpm                  | 1149 +++++++++++++++++
 WindowMaker/Defaults/WindowMaker.in        |    5 +
 WindowMaker/Icons/Drawer.png               |  Bin 0 -> 1420 bytes
 WindowMaker/Icons/Makefile.am              |    1 +
 debian/debianfiles/conf/WMWindowAttributes |    1 +
 src/WindowMaker.h                          |    9 +
 src/appicon.c                              |  441 +++++--
 src/appicon.h                              |    1 +
 src/defaults.c                             |   49 +-
 src/defaults.h                             |    3 +
 src/dock.c                                 | 1930 ++++++++++++++++++++--------
 src/dock.h                                 |   21 +-
 src/dockedapp.c                            |    3 +
 src/funcs.h                                |    1 +
 src/icon.c                                 |   14 +-
 src/icon.h                                 |    1 +
 src/main.c                                 |    3 +
 src/misc.c                                 |   19 +-
 src/screen.c                               |   17 +
 src/screen.h                               |   18 +-
 src/session.c                              |   38 +-
 src/startup.c                              |    8 +
 src/superfluous.c                          |   74 --
 src/superfluous.h                          |    1 -
 src/wconfig.h.in                           |   16 +-
 src/wdefaults.c                            |   31 +
 src/workspace.c                            |   38 +-
 create mode 100644 WPrefs.app/Docks.c
 create mode 100644 WPrefs.app/tiff/dockclipdrawersection.tiff
 create mode 100644 WPrefs.app/tiff/drawer.tiff
 create mode 100644 WPrefs.app/xpm/dockclipdrawersection.xpm
 create mode 100644 WPrefs.app/xpm/drawer.xpm
 create mode 100644 WindowMaker/Icons/Drawer.png

--
1.7.10.4