On 05/12/2014 12:37 PM, Carlos R. Mafra wrote:
> On Sun, 11 May 2014 at 23:05:43 -0500, Doug Torrance wrote:
>> This patch enables users to set the workspace background (WorkspaceBack) in
>> the
>> Appearance Preferences section of WPrefs.  It appears as a new item in the
>> popup menu in the Texture tab, in the list of textures below, and a preview
>> appears in the background of the preview panel on the left.
>> ---
>>   WPrefs.app/Appearance.c | 73
>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
>>   1 file changed, 49 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)
> Nice patch. But in case an image background is selected, how to specify
> whether it appears centered, tiled, etc?

The nice thing about this patch is I didn't have to add a lot of stuff
-- this was already available in WPrefs for dealing with the other
textures.  Click the "Edit" button, select "Image Texture" from the
popup button, and there's a popup button in the lower right with the
option for "Tile", "Scale", "Center", or "Maximize".

> I tried it now and the image was tiled, but I was expecting it to be
> centered...

"Tile" is currently the default option for the popup button. Perhaps
"Center" would be preferable?

> With wmsetbg this can be easily done, so I guess that if we have this
> option in WPrefs we should also be able to select this there.

Doug