Quoting message written on Monday 2014-05-26 01:01:03 by Amadeusz:
> Hey,
>
> so I've taken a look at this, seems like it just needs additional checks
> if windows are shaded. I've done some testing and it seems to work ok,
> both with and without switchpanel.
>
> Amadeusz

I have just tested it and I can confirm that it works in both cases,
including workspace change.

If nobody has anything to add I consider this issue closed and I would
like add yet another observation related to alt+tab (window cycling).

It seems that along with the support for switchpanel came another change
that negatively affected setup without switchpanel and it is related to
window cycling (specifically alt+tab).

I'll try to describe it.
When using switchpanel and alt+tab (window cycling), by holding the ALT
key and pressing the TAB key, we would get windows cycling through the
window list.
But if we stop using pressing TAB key while still holding the ALT key,
by pressing LEFT or RIGHT key we would continue cycling trough the list
of windows.

This might even look logical when switchpanel is used because LEFT or
RIGHT keys would chose left or right icons that represent their windows
on the switchpanel.

However, when the switchpanel is disabled the described behavior stays
and often doesn't allow to simply reuse ALT key with some other key
combination explicitly specified in the configuration that includes
LEFT or RIGHT key without first releasing the ALT key.

In short, ALT+LEFT and ALT+RIGHT key combination is blocked right
after ALT+TAB is used unless the ALT key is released and pressed
again.

Could we please try to remove such behavior for the case where
switchpanel is disabled since there is no use of such behavior
when switchpanel is not visible and it's different when compared to
windowmaker 0.80.x.
I am using 0.95.5 for over a year now and I still can't get used to it.
When switchpanel is not used the old behavior is much better especially
if you are using ALT+LEFT and ALT+RIGHT for some specific actions.

--
Josip Deanovic