Hello,

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014, Rodolfo García Peñas (kix) wrote:
Probably, the old idea was show the icon in the minimized icon list and
then move the icon to the Dock/Clip/Drawer possition for that icon.

I don't know what the original idea was but on OPENSTEP when an app is launched (usually by clicking an icon in the file manager) the icon is visually moved to the appicon which represents the running instance. Maybe this was the original idea.

In Window Maker I've seen such animations for apps with shared app icons and it helps to show you that the app you've started has become a member of that shared group.

I'm not sure these are related to your proposed patch but may be.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan