Doug,

If you're looking into windows placement and sizing, would you spend a moment on related, and somewhat annoying problemettes:

1) Windows of certain applications always get placed overlapping the icon strip - wxMaxima. Their size is never retained from the last use, but is set, well, not arbitrarily, there seems to be some logic in this, but with what rules?

2) Position of windows having height equal or approx. equal to the height of the screen is set not to Y=0, but to about 1...1.1 titlebar heights lower. I experience this with Libreoffice.

I believe I've tried all reasonable placement schemes and edge resistance/attractance combinations. Now it is 'automatic' with 'edge resistance'.

Yury