On Mon,  5 Jan 2015 at 16:10:50 +0100, Christophe wrote:
> ----- Carlos R. Mafra <crma...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> > On Mon,  5 Jan 2015 at 11:06:32 +0100, Christophe CURIS wrote:
> > > For historical reason, some functions defined in WINGs.h are actually
> > > compiled into the WUtil.so library. Although it would be better to compile
> > > them in the appropriate library instead (and fix the code accordingly to
> > > make it work), this would break the binary compatibility.
> >
> > I think you could try the better approach you mentioned above since
> > I suppose not too many programs use the library anyway. Do you know
> > any?
>
> WPrefs? Ok, that was an easy one ;-)
>
> I don't think there are a lot of app left, but on the other hand the
> change would impact apps that use only WUtil, not WINGs, and that's
> probably even less...

There's wdm, I've just realized.

wdm stopped working for me in my openSUSE a long time ago (probably
because of systemd but I'm not sure).

I'd like to ask if anyone is using it currently in a modern distro, but
I think that unless wdm development comes back and we could somehow
synchronize changes to both wmaker and wdm, we cannot really break
binary compatibility right now.

I'd really like to use wdm myself, so if there are people out there
using it I'd like to know.

> Will see what I can do (I already started to look at it, but stopped
> considereing the compatibility break).
>
> Patch 1 and 2 are still valid, though...

Already applied, will wait a bit till the dust settles to apply the
rest.