On 27 May 2015 at 12:59, Alexey I. Froloff <ra...@raorn.name> wrote:
> There's no suck thing like "unified package", sorry to disappoint
> you.

> It is possible to use one source package to build RPMs for
> different distros (like Fedora, RHEL, SUSE, whatever), but due to
> little differences in macros, specfile would look like spaghetti
> of %ifdef's, each section maintained by different people.

As far as I understand the very idea behind SuSE's Open Build Service
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Build_Service) is to provide an
infrastructure to provide native packages for different distros. This
does not free maintainers from making the necessary changes in their
specs, and of course this tends to uglify specs. Still I believe that
doing this would be a great benefit for the community.

Cheers,

Martin

--
---------- mdie...@gmail.com --/-- mar...@the-little-red-haired-girl.org ----