On Wednesday 2015-08-26 19:59:04 Yury Tarasievich wrote:
> Another thought: could those app menus be
> automatically picked by WM from, e.g. GNUstep
> installation?

Are we talking about usermenu or appmenu?

usermenu is a feature of the windowmaker which enables sending
a configurable keyboard events to specified window while appmenu
is a menu programmed into an application itself (check wterm
source and its "-wm" option for more info).

I am not a regular GNUstep user but I don't think that GNUstep
applications are aware of usermenu feature.
Also, from what I have seen while I was trying few GNUstep
applications they are not using windowmaker's usermenu feature
either. They are handling their menus differently which probably
makes it possible for GNUstep to use different window managers and
not just windowmaker.

--
Josip Deanovic