On Sunday 2016-09-25 07:27:51 Yury Tarasievich wrote:
> Thanks, Josip.
>
> But I'm compiling the git checkouts with this
> option enabled and use its visual indicator
> since, what, 2009?
>
> And yesterday I've suddenly noticed that I have
> to constantly cycle the layouts after switching
> between the windows.
>
> And there's no indicator. And no means for the
> feature's activation in Prefs.app.
>
> Even supposing WindowMaker lost the setting
> somehow. I've just checked in all the
> Prefs.app's tabs, content grouping there being
> what it is.
> I still can't see the checkbox for this setting
> (I remember only it was a checkbox, one in a
> group of three; not the specific tab, however;
> and it had fairly obvious name previously).
>
> Nothing in .xsession-errors. I wasn't even
> touching anything w/r to the xkb data handling
> recently, and the switching works, anyway.
>
>  From the tail of my config.log:
> <...>
> #define XKB_MODELOCK 1
> <...>

In my somewhat old build that option is available in the
Prefs.app under the last tab on the right and it is called
"Enable keyboard language switch button in window titlebars.".

In the GNUstep/Defaults/WindowMaker there should be the option
KbdModeLock set to YES. Can you check if you have that option
and if not, what happens when you add it manually as:
"KbdModeLock = YES;"?

--
Josip Deanovic