Thanks for answer. Unfortunately i'm starting WM through lightdm, the default
ubuntu login manager.
In this case .xinitrc is not read at all.
Also note that lightdm already run with right configuration, that is with VGA
above LVDS, since it is correctly configured under gnome (and saved somewhere).
But soon after I log-in with WM as window manager choice, WM resets VGA at
right of LVDS by itself.

I would love to find the right place where to configure this inside WM