Richard de Give wrote:

>I wish that McCain were running, not the one mouthing the same tired GOP
>talking points, or the one that thought Palin was a brillant choice.

Maybe this election, maybe the large margin of victory for Pres.-elect
Obama, means the candidates running against him in 2012 will eschew the
same old playbook.  Because now?  It doesn't work, and it's officially
been proven that it doesn't work.

It was especially distasteful considering what happened in 2000...but
McCain saw what happened, and it worked...-AGAINST- him.