This is what I posted on the guestbook:

Tom was my oldest online friend, and probably the best person  I know to be
proof that online friendships are somehow less meaningful than  those we
share with people in our in-person daily lives.

We met on the World News Now mailing list, it is true, but we  shared a
variety of interests, from TV shows to humor to music, to similar  ideals on
how the world could be a more loving, accepting place.

I had a lot of fun co-writing haiku with him for an annual  Valentine's Day
website contest, and applauding as he won awards for it. I know  he did the
same when I won. Best of all was the enjoyment we shared working  together.
There's nothing like having a friend who really gets you, and engages  your
wit and creativity. That was Tom.

Tom was also the person who remembered you, your loved ones,  and all they
were into. He'd send me books, articles, and other things he knew  my dad
would enjoy.

I wish he had had many more than 37 years to share his  inimitable gifts
with the world, but am betting he made more of an impact  on a diverse group
of people than many do in 73 years.
"
" miss him" doesn't begin to cover  it.

**************Big savings on Dell’s most popular laptops. Now starting at