I agree that NPR fell into a trap. I think the whole thing was a set- up between JW and Fox to get him out of his K with NPR and make NPR look bad. I think that in JW's appearances on Fox within the near future, he was going to gradually push the envelope further and further out until NPR had no choice but to fire him. Unfortunately, NPR took the bait too soon and over too mild an expression of opinion. NPR bowed too soon to the influence of the liberal blogosphere.