At 09:23 AM 3/18/2012, you wrote:
At least we're in better shape than the civilization in Isaac Asimov's "Nightfall" during the once every 2,000 years when they experience night! We only act like that when a sports team wins a championship, so we just need to move the Library of Congress to Cleveland, and human knowledge will be safe forever.

But it's doubtful if the cockroaches will ever get to the point where they care about our sports.