This coming Monday, January 6, 2020, is the 28th birthday of World News
Now!  (The Interactive Program Guide says it started on Jan. 5, but we know how
unreliable *that* is ;-)).

The 28th is a special birthday because it (*usually) means that a full
leap-year cycle has happened.  So we know that WNN started on a MONDAY back in
1992!  It's kind of the
modern equivalent of the cycle in the Aztec calendar....

-Doug Elrod (d...@cornell.edu)
  (*the exceptions would be when the intervening years contained a year
divisible by 100, but NOT 400!)